Pink Diamonds: Everything you Need to Know

by Francis Alukkas | 30 July 2022 | DIAMOND JEWELLERY

Among gemstones, diamond is always a favourite to everyone, irrespective of gender or age. In diamonds, there are different types that vary in color, cut, clarity, and carat. Natural, treated, man-made, and natural-colored diamonds are different classifications and pink diamonds are one such natural-colored diamond. You must have seen them and dreamed of purchasing them. Right? But, what stopped you from achieving this dream won’t be money, instead, it will be your concern regarding whether it is a good choice or not. Here, some facts about pink diamonds are included, which may give answers to your queries.

What exactly are pink diamonds? As the name implies, these are pink-colored precious stones found within the earth's crust due to intense pressure and heat, crystalizing carbon atoms. These rare pink diamonds are available in different color variants, ranging from faint pinks to vibrant hues. The exact reason for this pink color is still unknown. Even so, it is noticed that, the darker pink shade for diamonds occurs due to increased pressure exposure.

Are Pink Diamonds Expensive?

Yes, it is. But it is not the most expensive one. These are rare to find and this is why it costs high. These diamonds showcase all the characteristics of white diamonds. Worldwide, there are only a few countries where pink diamonds are found. Among them, almost 90% of pink diamonds are mined from Argyle Mine in Western Australia. In the remaining 10%, India’s Kollur mine in Andhra Pradesh is also included. Other countries with pink diamond mines are Canada, South Africa, Brazil, and Russia. So, spending some amount on pink diamond jewellery won’t be a bad decision.

Just like in other countries, the natural pink diamond price in India is also very high. It costs INR 8 Lakhs or more per carat for a delicate pink-toned diamond and several Crores per carat for dark pink-toned diamonds. So, what are the factors that decide the price of a pink diamond? Most importantly, it is the 4 C’s (I.e; carat, cut, clarity, and color) that we already mentioned. For pink diamonds, the color mainly depends on three elements, which are hue(visible color), saturation(color intensity), and tone(how light or dark). Another factor for determining price is related to its formation, which includes whether they are naturally colored or lab-grown. Even though the lab-grown diamonds are real, the price will be comparatively lesser than that of naturally colored.

Pink diamonds are classified into different types based on their shades, color combinations, and shape.

Based on Shade:

The shade-based pink diamond categorization is made with respect to color intensity level. The eight variants of pink diamonds are faint, light, fancy, fancy light, very light, fancy intense, fancy deep, fancy vivid, and fancy dark.

Based on the Color Combination:

Other than pure pink, pink diamonds are also found with different secondary color combinations. This includes light brown pink, brownish orangy pink, and brown pink.

Based on Shape

For fancy colored diamonds, the most preferred shapes are cushion and radiant. But, they are also available in round, oval, pear, marquise, and heart shapes.

If you plan to buy diamond jewellery that symbolizes love, feminity, happiness, romance, and luxury, pink diamonds will be the right choice. So, what are you planning to buy? Pink diamond earrings, rings, pendants, bracelets, necklaces, or anything else. Rings are the most popular among pink diamond jewellery and it indicates sincere love lasting forever. It is the main reason why most people prefer diamond engagement rings.

The diamond jewellery that ranks next to rings in popularity is earrings. Since it suits everyone, you can purchase it for yourself or gift it to anyone. The pink diamond earrings will provide an elegant and luxurious look for the person who wears them. These earrings are also available in different designs including studs, drops, hoops, teardrops, and more.

Pink diamond bracelets are another diamond jewellery loved by everyone. These pink color stones will be a perfect match for girls and women. The popular designs of diamond bracelets for women are mangalsutra, dewdrops, tennis, chain, and more.

Now, let's conclude by mentioning two important tips for pink diamond selection. First, it is always suggested to purchase GIA (Gemological Institute of America) graded diamonds. Next, make your purchase from any trusted and authenticated seller.

Let your dream to wear pink diamond jewellery comes true.

Previous Blog Next Blog